Saturday, August 04, 2007

One More Time ...

Dear Readers, please look again at what I wrote here about Greg's apparent obsession with Elizabeth. Now look at Greg's response. Do you not perceive a "disconnect"? I post a fine bit o' writing (if I do say so myself) saying he's obsessed with Elizabeth, and he replies, "I am not gay – not, not, not!" What's up with that?

According to our Greg, I am merely "another lesbian on the unhinged left, absolutely sure that [he is] a gay man just straining with everything [he's] got against the irresistible lure of The Other Team." Eeeeeeeuuuuuuwwwwww!

And then he proceeds to post what I suppose he thinks is a "hot" photo of his wife and offers some non sequitur facts to "prove" that he is not gay. Say what?? It never occurred to me to suggest he's gay. Is he obtuse? The whole point of my essay was that the poor guy is hopelessly obsessed with [I'm saying this s-l-o-w-l-y, so that Greg can follow it] a woman. Being obsessed with a woman does not suggest one is gay – unless, of course, the woman is Barbra Streisand, Cher, or Patsy Cline ... in which case one probably is.

Can he not read the plain sense of my writing? And if he can't perceive the plain sense of my simple writing, can he possibly be trusted to perceive "the plain sense of Scripture"?

He has a wife of whom he has seldom spoken. But now he feels compelled to post her photograph alongside Elizabeth's. Why? Does that somehow prove he is not obsessed with Elizabeth?

Judging from the content of his postings, about whom does Greg chiefly think? His lovely wife? or the unobtainable Elizabeth? Has he spent his days and nights writing about his lovely wife? or about the unobtainable Elizabeth?

I am glad Greg has revealed there is another woman in his life besides Elizabeth. It's about time! Perhaps he will begin to focus more of his attentions on Mrs. Greg. Otherwise, I will continue to wonder why he devotes so much energy to She Who Can Never Be His.

Postscript: No doubt, you are all wondering just what the MadPriest has to say about this whole brouhaha. Wonder no more. Just go here and read it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home