Thursday, June 05, 2008

The Obligatory Fishing Photo

I think it is written somewhere that all people who keep both cats and aquariums are required to post a picture of the two together. So here's my first one with the "new" cat. She's quite intrigued by both aquariums, but this is the first decent photo I've been able to get.




Of course, you can't see any fish in the aquarium, as they had all gone into hiding as she snuffled and pawed around the tank.

She seems to be settling in fairly well.

Tomorrow will mark four weeks since she came. I was warned she would probably need a month to settle in.

As I've said, she came into our household named Mocha. But that name didn't really seem to suit her. One evening this week, it just slipped out as I called her Jamocha. I think it's a better match. "Mocha" sounds too "precious." Jamocha has a little more attitude to it. We'll see whether this one sticks. ... Just FYI, I think cats reveal their names rather than being named.

She now lets me pick her up (sometimes). At least she doesn't seem to confuse me with an axe murderer. She has lots of "cattitude." Everything in the house is, apparently, a cat toy. Pens. Cords. And she still loves snuggling with Scotty. Sometimes he likes it; sometimes not. I think I'm coming to like her. I have told the vet that I will keep her, so another homeless waif is now off the streets.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you.

This morning I discovered two little kitties nesting on my back porch. Of course, stupid softie that I am, I went right out and got some cat food and fed them. They are still here. I absolutely can not keep these kitties. I don't know what I'll do... I hope I can find them a home like yours.

Blessings on you and your home.

6/05/2008 7:58 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth Kaeton said...

Here you are, blogging away, and I didn't even know it.

How wonderful to have you back.

And, a new kitty, too.

I'm thrilled beyond the telling!

6/05/2008 10:09 PM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

Oh, Lindy! I've always believed that God brings the creatures to us whom we need.

But -- in all good humor -- thank goodness you are a few hundred miles away. Otherwise, I know you would drop these little darlings on my doorstep. *grin*

6/05/2008 10:13 PM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

Thanks, you TELP! Yes, I'm trying to blog underneath the radar.

6/05/2008 10:14 PM  
Blogger Fran said...

Lovely photo. We have both but I have yet to take a picture!

6/06/2008 9:32 PM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

Well, Fran, you'd better get with it then. I think there's a law somewhere. ;-)

6/06/2008 9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home