Tuesday, May 18, 2010

What Do You Say To Hate?

I had hoped to be out in Los Angeles for the consecrations of Bishops Jardine and Glasspool, but it didn’t work out. I have watched the news about the event. By most accounts, it was a glorious, joyous day.

By sheer happenstance, our consecration in Long Beach was happening alongside the local gay pride event. So, of course, the homophobic Neanderthals showed up. Apparently, our friends had to walk through a gauntlet of hatred.

Thanks to Box Turtle Bulletin for also showing us the normal human beings who showed up with funny signs and silly costumes. I am grateful for these people who choose to counter hate with hilarity.

Here’s just one of the images.

Go to Box Turtle Bulletin for more wonderful images about how humanity confronts hate, as well as the narrative here and here.

I give deep thanks to the Californians who show up to counter the Westboro hate with humor and hilarity.

7 Comments:

Blogger MarkBrunson said...

"What Do You Say To Hate?"


Oh, no, thanks! I'm full.

5/18/2010 5:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the counter-protest signs. Since I live unfortunately close to their home base, I keep my signs in the back of my car... just in case.

5/20/2010 9:47 PM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

Mark, you never fail to amuse me. Love it!

5/20/2010 10:13 PM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

Are you serious, 8th Sacrament? God bless you for keeping your signs close. ... And God keep you close for having to confront that hatred so often.

5/20/2010 10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dead serious. One says "Peeps to all people" with a giant Peep on it and the other says "Love is here" with plenty of inclusive symbols and hearts.

5/24/2010 10:36 PM  
Blogger BentonQuest said...

I love the responses that have been occurring around the WBC folks. I remember what a Systems Prof always said, "Don't be outraged, be outrageous."

5/27/2010 6:31 AM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

I love your signs, Elle. I have some Peep-lovers here, and I bet they would love them.

BentonQuest, I believe our dear friends in LA did the deed. God bless 'em!

5/27/2010 9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home