Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Fox

From as early as I can remember, I've been (inordinately?) pleased with and proud of my surname. Not because it's a name with any glorious history or accomplished forebears. It's just that "fox" means something. Even in elementary school, foxes were something like a totem for me, and classmates identified me in intriguing ways with the "fox" image.

Of course, I have quite a personal collection of fox items – prints and photographs, knickknacks, carvings, greeting cards, you name it.

Maybe because of, or perhaps despite that fondness, I truly enjoyed this silly one from I Can Has Cheezburger. I hope you will, too.


maim. ruthlessly maim.
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

5 Comments:

Blogger susan s. said...

Have you seen this?

4/13/2010 7:55 PM  
Blogger Kirkepiscatoid said...

Susan, I was going to send that but you beat me to it!

4/13/2010 8:18 PM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

Oh, Susan. Thanks for that! How delightful!

4/13/2010 8:27 PM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

Not to worry, KirkE. I'm sure you'll soon find something else that will knock my socks off.

4/13/2010 8:29 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

My favorite fox growing up was The Fox in The Little Prince. I guess some Foxes need taming more than others. My second favorite fox is Brother Fox in McCall-Smith's mystery series, The Sunday Philosophy Club, who visits the main character's Scottish garden in Edinburgh. A skittish, but intent creature whom the homeowner has come to love in her own, hands-off way.

And the third favorite Fox I know is a real person named Lisa. And she be foxy.

4/14/2010 8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home