Sunday, March 07, 2010

Math Quiz ... Feline Version

As must be obvious, I am playing around on Blogger. That's because I have some big hairy reports due at the office, and I'm feeling totally blocked about them. I ignored them yesterday, and I ignored them through the daylight hours today. Soon ... I must get down to work.

Procrastination being the mother of all the goddesses, what better to do than play in the blogosphere?

This image made me chuckle. I'm in my mid-50s. If you're of an age like mine, you may remember those "word problems" on math tests. I just love this kittie's response to the word problem.


2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Thanks, Lisa. Here in Illinois it's ISAT time--the standardized tests which for 7th graders determine their high school futures--and there are still word problems on them, now known (I think) as "extended response" because not only do they have to get the right answer, they have to explain how they got it. This is great! Enjoyed the laugh!

3/08/2010 1:45 PM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

Thanks, Karen.

I hope your girl does well on the ISAT. Hard to believe she's already in 7th grade. Yikes!

I'm a bit surprised that "word problems" [a.k.a. "extended response"] are still alive. I'm sure she'll do well ... or at least better than this kitteh.

3/08/2010 8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home