Thursday, January 07, 2010

Snow Day

It’s Thursday, and I’ve had a glorious snow-day at home. [Thank you, State of Missouri, for invoking the Hazardous Travel Policy!] Yes, we got some of that snowstorm that’s bedeviling the U.S. east of the Rockies. Most of the cars on my street haven’t moved all day. Every school in the region is closed today, and many have already announced they’re staying closed tomorrow. Because it is utterly, unspeakably cold. We have been well below freezing for more days than I want to count. At the moment, we have a mere 11 degrees. Too cold for man nor beast, as they say . . .

It’s the kind of wintry day that begs for corned beef and all the fixin’s, and I put those in the crock pot this morning. Tonight, during the Texas-'Bama game, there will be corned beef, carrots, potatoes, and cabbage … Yum!

Through most of the day, I’ve been working on a couple of reports for the office. [Darn those dastardly weekly and annual reports! Grrrrrr….] But I’ve also gone through my “blog fodder” folder, and wanted to share a couple of light items I have intended to post.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the time I get back to school next week, I will have had a five day weekend thanks to the snow - and I live in an urban area. It's to the point that I'm feeling a little dirty for getting this many days off following a two and a half week break.

1/07/2010 5:35 PM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

Just enjoy it, EighthSacrament! Those breaks don't come along very often.

1/07/2010 7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course, when you work out of your home as I do, you don't get snow days. I did, however, toast the snow with a cup of cocoa yesterday, and I may do the same today.

1/08/2010 8:30 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

OTOH, here in Chicago, where we have real winter, there were no snow days. Hasn't been one for the Chicago Public Schools since 1999, when it took 22 inches of snow to get them to close. Cold? Not really, it's in the 20s ... and we had a lot of around 0 in the past few weeks.

1/08/2010 11:42 AM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

I know that, StrongHeart. I spent some years self-employed, working from my home.

Isn't it luscious to watch the snowy world from inside?

1/09/2010 11:03 PM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

WOW! I'm astonished, Karen. I guess our schools are weenies by comparison!

1/09/2010 11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home