Monday, November 23, 2009

Neko

Many of you have followed my cat sagas. You know about Scotty's health issues ... and Shug's death ... and my "providential" adoption of Mocha.

Two weeks ago, I learned that a co-worker had rescued a cat in a tree. He had posted "found cat" notices around the neighborhood. He tried to give her to the local animal shelter, but they would not take her (because they were overcrowded). He spread the news in the office. I went to his home, met her, fell in love, and adopted her on the spot.

Several of you know about this, but you haven't seen any photos of her, because my digital camera died. Today, I found this funny video that his rescuers had posted. You'll get a good look at Neko.




She is now settling in well. She and 2-year-old Mocha love playing chase and hide-and-seek. Scotty remains above it all.

And, yes, Neko is just as wild and wicked as the video suggests. She has a serious case of cattitude. She is a handful, but I adore her, and I am glad that providence brought her into our home.

10 Comments:

Blogger Caminante said...

I love Neko! Sort of a snow shoe Siamese -- love the checkered nose. May you all thrive together.

Great ad, too.

11/23/2009 10:39 PM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

Indeed, Caminante. The people at the animal shelter told my colleague she's a Snowshoe and/or Ragdoll. I'm thinking Snowshoe. Both those breeds are a handful. Wilfull, wilfull, wilfull. And smart. And adorable.

She's a godsend to 2-yr-old Mocha. And isn't pestering 19-yr-old Scotty. So all is well in the cathouse.

Deep thanks for your good wishes!

11/23/2009 11:09 PM  
Blogger IT said...

glad she has found a home! JUST like living with a teenager, except you can't shut the teenager into the garage all night for a Time out.

We're currently babysitting 2 kittehs (long story--they belong to BP's ex who is in throes of moving) and I have to admit we are plotting to try to keep at least one of them.

Of course the Evil Parrot (TM) ain't too happy about it.

11/24/2009 12:50 AM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

EXACTLY! IT!
Cats like this are very high-maintenance ... and worth every minute of it.
When Neko slaps me in the face, and I am tempted to slap her right back, I remain mindful that she's a smart, delightful gift from God. Yeah, really.

11/24/2009 1:12 AM  
Blogger MadPriest said...

Lisa. If you email me I will send you the code for this video so that it fits your page perfectly and I will tell you how to do this for yourself in future.

11/24/2009 5:36 AM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

E-mail sent, MP. Thanks!!

11/24/2009 8:21 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Good news for you and kitteh

11/24/2009 9:00 AM  
Blogger Susie Erdey said...

Ohhhhh, *very* cute! Those definitely look like Siamese ears. I'll be interested to hear whether she develops a Siamese voice as she gets more comfy with you -- nothing says "Good morning, Hu-Mom" like an indignant Siamese yowl!

11/24/2009 9:15 AM  
Blogger Kirkepiscatoid said...

I can tell you are going to have fun with this one!

11/24/2009 6:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

Thanks, y'all, for the kind comments. Yes, she is a blessing.

11/25/2009 6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home