Sunday, August 09, 2009

A Delightful Weekend Away

I didn’t want to tell the world that I was taking a weekend away … lest the trolls zwoop in to the blog.

But I did take a delightful weekend away. I have a beloved couple of friends who have a home on the Lake south of here where good conversation, delightful companionship, luscious food, and luxurious relaxation reign. I can’t believe I was only gone for 48 hours. I feel so renewed – in body, soul, and spirit – that it’s easy to think I must have been gone for a week. In addition to the aforementioned good conversation, companionship, and food, I had much relaxing time sitting out on the deck reading a no-count mystery, watching the boats go by (including this delightful sailboat), watching the birds, walking the dog, and just generally hanging out.

I didn’t turn on the laptop but once … just to make sure all was well on the blog. You all kept the conversation going, and the trolls stayed away. Bless you! After about 20 minutes online, I realized I didn’t have energy for my online life, but wanted to spend time with my friends.

Tomorrow, it’s back to my workday routine.

3 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

Glad you had such a wonderful time my friend. Blessings!

8/10/2009 9:44 AM  
Blogger Suzer said...

Sounds like a wonderful rest! Glad you enjoyed it. :)

8/11/2009 8:15 AM  
Blogger Göran Koch-Swahne said...

Good for you!

8/12/2009 1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home