I hope this gave many of you a good chuckle, even though I know it's a bit wicked. Let me also add this caveat: I have come to know and love a few Republicans. (Jon … Tom … This means you!) This silly bit isn’t aimed at those sensible Republicans. But the wacko right-wing nuts who call themselves Republicans do come to mind as I ponder this little bit from David.
I've heard this really works!
Just in case you are having a rough day, here is a stress management technique recommended in the latest psychological journals. The funny thing is that it really does work and will make you smile.
1. Picture yourself lying on your belly on a warm rock that hangs out over a crystal clear stream. Relaxing.
2. Picture yourself with both your hands dangling in the cool running water.
3. Birds are sweetly singing in the cool mountain air.
4. No one knows your secret place.
5. You are in total seclusion from that hectic place called the world.
6. The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air with a cascade of serenity.
7. The water is so crystal clear that you can easily make out the face of the Republican you are holding underwater.
There … See? It really does work. You're smiling already. Feel free to share this with others who might benefit from this technique.
Friday, July 24, 2009
H/T to my friend David+ – a blessed voice of sanity in my life – who sent this at the end of a stressful week for me. David writes: