Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Howls & Screams

I have read the howling screams from the "conservatives" or "orthodox" or whatever they're calling themselves today ... after our General Convention passed D025, stating that we will abide by our constitution and canons in seeking deacons and priests and electing people to the episcopate.

I'm bemused by the voices coming from the Church of England, where there are so very many gay men serving in the priesthood and episcopate.

I am amused that Rowan Williams would chide our church, while saying that William Stringfellow (a gay Episcopalian) was the finest theologican ever to come out of the U.S.

Rowan has spent his career acting in conflict with the beliefs and values he exercised while he was a priest in Wales.

So I adored this photo, which I have shamelessly nicked from MadPriest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home