Friday, June 05, 2009

The Secret HoB Theology Committee

Another Leak

You will recall my outrage (blogged here and here) at Bishop Parsley’s refusal to reveal the names of those who are going to study our lives like bugs under a microscope. I fully understand that the panel needs to have some confidentiality about their discussions, but I remain outraged that +Parsley won’t even reveal the names of those appointed to the study group.

As usual, Jim Naughton and his friends at the Episcopal Café have had the greatest scoops (here and here) about the members of Bishop Parsley’s super-secret committee studying GLBT issues in the church.

But I have my sources, too. In the 1996 movie, The Birdcage, Gene Hackman demonstrated his thoroughly orthodox theological understanding of gay relationships. In a brilliant move, Bishop Parsley has added Mr. Hackman to the group of theologians studying this issue for our church.

Bravo, Bishop Parsley! A brilliant addition to your super-duper secret panel!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Perfect addition.

6/05/2009 7:07 PM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

I hoped you would like it. You and your Episcopal Café inspired me.

6/05/2009 7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home