Saturday, May 02, 2009

Bloggers

I'll confess I'm one of those people who wonder whether or how long my job will continue to exist. Mind you, I don't sense any imminent danger. But I work for the kind of organization and have the kind of job that many people surely view as a luxury, rather than a necessity. In their zeal, they could easily obliterate my job. For this and other reasons, I have significantly altered my spending and saving habits over the last few months.

When I saw this shot recently, it made me laugh. I can so identify with the woman on the left. There are times when I wish I could be blogging full-time instead of doing my day job.

political pictures for your blog
see more Political Pictures from the folks who gave us LOLCats

Yeah ... I know my recent blogging pattern may not support this message. But I do often wish my passion were more in synch with my paycheck.
Are any of you in similar positions?

4 Comments:

Blogger Fran said...

Hey Lisa! I must say I love that graphic!

I started my blog almost 2 years ago in May 2007. I was in a job that I knew was ending.

By time I got going, I was out of work and it was all blog blog blog!

Now I am working again plus going to school and I have way less time for blogging! And I miss it!!

5/02/2009 9:45 PM  
Blogger Kirkepiscatoid said...

Well, I keep thinking how stupid I'll look out on the street with my sign..."Will look at Pap smears 4 food." LOL

5/02/2009 10:12 PM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

Thanks, Fran. I do remember when I started reading your blog, when you were seeking a job. I'm glad you've now landed in one that seems a good fit.

Like you, I get miffed when my job interferes with my blogging ... as has been the case in the past many weeks.

5/02/2009 10:29 PM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

You crack me up, Kirk!! What a hilarious image!!

5/02/2009 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home