Monday, April 06, 2009

Further Reflections

... on Lee's life and death

Go visit Tim at Straight-Friendly. He's also another person whose path crossed Lee's, and he offers a moving reflection here. I had never seen his blog, 'til I saw today he had linked to one of my posts on Lee Davenport. From his blogroll, it appears that few of my readers know about it either. He's a gay Christian, reaching out to the many LGBTs who have been wounded and alienated by the church and its "Christians." I commend it to you. I sense he's a bit more Protestant and evangelical than I, but he's doing good ministry over there.

Today I received a greeting card from Lee in the mail. [Yes, the postal mail. Y'all remember that, right? It's the system that came just after the Pony Express.] Kim, who is cleaning out Lee's house, found it last week. Lee had sealed the envelope, applied the postage ... but hadn't mailed it. Kim contacted me to ask if I wanted to receive it. Of course I did! In the past few days, I've been alternately dreading and anticipating receipt of this card. So I opened it with misgivings. But it's a cheerful, affirming card -- affirming of us both. On the bottom, he wrote, "We are both fab!" and he signed it, "Love, Lee."

This. Just. Won't. Go. Away.

4 Comments:

Blogger Göran Koch-Swahne said...

How sad - and how hopeful!

4/06/2009 11:22 PM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

Yes, Göran, it was quite ambiguous. I continue to feel tossed back and forth.

4/06/2009 11:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for your continued postings on this - Perhaps we can all remember Lee with the thought - "We are ALL fab!"

4/07/2009 9:47 AM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

I like that, Holyfoolishness. Made me smile.

4/07/2009 9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home