Monday, March 23, 2009

Caption Contest

Several of the clever bloggers in my sphere post these "caption contests." They are fun.

I have nicked this image from Clumber. Clumber writes of the former mavens of Good Shepherd/Binghamton:
It is refreshing to find that even as Mattine and Hostilium have found a new home, they have not neglected tradition, and are busily commissioning the sine qua non of a Proper Anglican Cathedral (I know, some of you want to argue that it’s not a cathedral… and I would agree with you, except I will add one word….. “yet”)… it’s not an Anglican Cathedral yet! Surely in this new “province”, the issue of job title inflation will soon set in, and Mattine will certainly be named as the new Bishop of Binghamton.

So with that peak [sic] into the future, they have set in place plans for the proper protection of their building, namely gargoyles. Herewith are the first two which they have had carved and are even now cementing to the side of the former Catholic church they now control.
In case any of you don't read his blog, I'm posting one of the gargoyle images here, and I challenge you to caption it.

5 Comments:

Blogger PseudoPiskie said...

Oh, there is that James Simons again.

3/23/2009 9:51 PM  
Blogger Leonard said...

¨Fools! I said I was looking for a PLACE TO STAND.¨

and/or

¨I didn´t say anything about paying REAL MONEY to have my ´mug´ stuck on a wall so far away from the High Alter of bigotry and hate.¨

F. Duncan Pitts, presumed

3/23/2009 11:31 PM  
Blogger Cany said...

Me... me... me... the first gargoyle with glasses.

me. me. me. me. me mememememememememe.

3/24/2009 2:22 AM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

Strong contenders, y'all. Keep 'em coming.

3/24/2009 7:00 AM  
Blogger Göran Koch-Swahne said...

Oh, I think I've got the cilici virus!

3/24/2009 2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home