Friday, August 01, 2008

Bishop Smith Appears

Ever since the Lambeth Conference began, I've been scouring the official photographs (as well as the unofficial ones) for a glimpse of my bishop, Wayne Smith. I know he's a reticent man, so I didn't expect to find him "mugging for the camera" anywhere. At last I found one. He may have been lying low, but he couldn't escape the photographer's lens in the "official Lambeth photo."

Here's the official photograph. (You can find it here in various sizes.)



And here's a cropped close-up from this ACNS photo.

He really is there! There he is!! (The guy with close-cropped white hair and glasses in the center of this photograph.) MY BISHOP!

It's rather silly that I got so excited by finding Bishop Smith in the photograph. I've been praying fervently for him and all the bishops at Lambeth. When I see and read about the schedule, I wonder how any human can survive nearly three weeks of this.

Over the last couple of weeks, I have at times been hard on the bishops. But I love this photo! Bishops of (almost) all sorts and conditions, and my bishop in the midst of it all.

So I send a big smile back to my bishop.

Prayers and best wishes as Bishop Smith and all the other bishops move into the last couple of days of the Lambeth Conference.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

YOU FOUND HIM!

Way cool! I've been scouring as well but couldn't find him!

Not a bad shot of him, I might add.

Having interacted with him as well, it does feel a bit like a tangible connection to Lambeth, doesn't it?

John

8/01/2008 8:48 PM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

LOL, StLouisJohn. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who's been looking for a photo. Yes, it does seem to make the Lambeth connection more personal to me. Weird, huh?

John, you know about the Aug. 7 meeting, I hope. It's been on the Oasis list. I hope we can introduce ourselves there.

8/01/2008 8:57 PM  
Blogger James said...

Lisa, too cool.

Thank you for the picture of him. Did you notice the African bishop in a Canterbury cap! Too cool.

In our case, ECR, our bishop is always easy to find a she is a blond (blonde?). The bishops who happen to be female are so much easier to find.

8/02/2008 5:22 PM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

I hadn't noticed the Canterbury cap, but you're right. What fun!

Indeed, you have an easier time of it. The face I always seem to pick out of the crowd is Cate Waynick. I'll let you speculate on why. ;-)

8/02/2008 6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home