Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Sudan Response in Progress

Yes, I will be writing a response to today's statement of the Sudanese bishops and Archbishop Daniel's devastating interview.

I've read most of the news reports today, but I had to attend to my "day job." The best "one-stop" sources for reports and links are at Episcopal Café's "The Lead" and Thinking Anglicans. The Lead is tracking news and reaction here, and Thinking Anglicans has them here. Both are updating those pages regularly. God bless 'em for having such energy!

Now … I need to go write something that expresses my profound heartbreak, my sense of betrayal, and my anger … all while keeping the words and works of Jesus in the forefront of my mind.

How very ironic that I have been writing recently of my hopes for Lambeth, my affection for Sudan's Archbishop Daniel, and my deep respect for the people of Lui.

I need to sort out my thoughts and feelings. I hope to post something later tonight. I've put everything else aside. But this is going to be very, very difficult to write.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wormwood's Doxy said...

I will be praying for you, Lisa. I can only imagine the deep sense of betrayal you feel over this. I feel despair myself---and I've never met the man.

May God have mercy on us all.

Pax,
Doxy

7/22/2008 6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home