Friday, December 14, 2007

Feast and Famine

Remember my rant a while back about the obscenity that is the typical American expression of Christmas? While surfing today, I came across this marvelous image constructed by ePisc0pal0oza.




That juxtaposition pretty much says it all, doesn't it?

It speaks to our American (and Western) excess in the midst of a world of want.

I am struck – on this day when the Archbishop of Canterbury issued his "Advent message" – that we Anglicans are still quibbling over trifles while most of the world lies in want.

ePisc0pal0oza, this really is a case where one image is worth a thousand words. Well done!

2 Comments:

Blogger Caminante said...

I keep thinking that the image of JDS is a case where someone put it into a document and didn't make sure that its size was absolute so that the top and bottom got scrunched up and if you just pull on the corners it will look right.

Word verfication Y count d
What do you count?

[It's Sunday night.]

12/16/2007 7:04 PM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

Alas, Caminante, I don't think you can blame it on bad Photoshopping. You've seen this photo elsewhere. And here, I guarantee, it's true to the original as rendered by the Boston Globe.

LOL about the word verification. That's my secret code, and I dare not reveal its meaning. For then I would also have to reveal to you the secret meaning of the ABC's letter ... and then the whole plot would begin to unravel.

12/16/2007 9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home