Saturday, November 24, 2007

Blogger Trouble

This is really fryin' my grits. I know many of you have Blogger sites, and I'm hoping somebody can help.

I compose a post in Blogger, but I'm not quite ready to post it, so I click on the "Save As Draft" button. And then it disappears forever. It's never available from my Blogger dashboard. I've tried this time after time after time. I save. Then I save again. And absolutely all my "drafts" just disappear from Blogger. [Yes, I have learned to save a copy of the text in Word before entrusting it to Blogger.]

I've had it happen often enough that I now write all my posts in MS Word, and I don't go into Blogger until I'm absolutely, positively, really ready to post it. But it's rather frustrating. I'd like to be able to do all the formatting that Blogger allows, and "Save as Draft" so I have time to consider the posting before hitting the "Publish" button.

Have any of you all had this problem? Could you give me any tips or workarounds?
Update: Blessed Tandaina solved my problem, and now all's right in my blogging world again. Many, many thanks, Tandaina!

2 Comments:

Blogger Josephine- said...

Lisa try this:

Go to the dashboard, then click the "Posts" link under you blog name. That will take you to the "edit posts" page. Now look off on the right hand side of the screen and you should see:
Your Posts: All, Drafts, Published.

Two will be links and one will be just black text. The black text is the posts you are currently looking at. I'm guessing "Published" is selected. Click "Drafts" and you should see a list of all posts you've saved as drafts but not published.

If that doesn't work yell.

11/24/2007 8:45 PM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

Tandaina, I am stunned. Isn't it amazing what we can fail to see on a cluttered screen?

Your tip was exactly right-on. I see it now. And there are all the many posts I had "saved as draft," but then thought I lost and had to recreate.

Lordy! To think of all the nearly-blog-ready posts I have lost in the last few months!

Thanks tons!

11/24/2007 8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home