Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Thanks, Nina!

I'm pleased to see that Nina is blogging again and Dancing through Doorways. I don't know what has kept her so quiet since July, but I send my good wishes and prayers.

She posted her results of yet another online quiz, and I couldn't resist taking it. Alas, my worst fears are confirmed.

What Kind of Reader Are You?
Your Result: Book Snob

You like to think you're one of the literati, but actually you're just a snob who can read. You read mostly for the social credit you can get out of it.

Literate Good Citizen
Dedicated Reader
Obsessive-Compulsive Bookworm
Fad Reader
Non-Reader
What Kind of Reader Are You?
Create Your Own Quiz

But I must demur. Yes, I am a book snob. That part is true. I went to a small private college with a "great books" curriculum that placed value on reading the great works of western literature, and I was, alas, a literature major.

However, it is absolutely false that I think I get any social credit for the books I read (or have read). I am quite certain that my recent readings in Henri Nouwen [I have Lisbeth to thank for that one!] does me any good whatsoever in this conservative, fundie community.

So ... ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I beg for an acquittal. Not "guilty" or "not guilty," but at least an acquittal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home