Friday, August 03, 2007

MadPriest and Harry

It has seemed to me that our beloved MadPriest does not like Harry Potter ... or perhaps merely eschews the popularity of Rowling's creation. I don't understand why MadPriest would object. It's a story that has the elements that I'd think would please him: magic, intrigue, passion . . . . Maybe if he just saw the fine movie, Harry Potter and the Brokeback Goblet, he would change his views. Maybe you would too.



Yes, I am still captivated by the last Harry Potter novel. No, I don't really have an argument with MadPriest about this. I just used this as an excuse to post a video that makes me chuckle.

Besides ... I needed to take a break from the news in the Anglican Communion.

4 Comments:

Blogger MadPriest said...

ACTUALLY, if you check back, all I said was that I hadn't read any of the books. The vitriol that appeared in the comments, directed against the young wizard, came from other, completely independent, sources. As I haven't read the book I can't comment on its literary merit.

I expect nothing less than a sincere, public apology.

8/03/2007 2:15 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth Kaeton said...

Thanks for the chuckle.

MadPriest, I think you need shore leave. About a week would do well. Some place where its not raining.

8/03/2007 8:05 AM  
Blogger Jan said...

I'll comment on the video, being a Harry Potter fan--it is very funny! Thanks.

8/03/2007 4:41 PM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

MadPriest, a hearty apology you shall have. I've spent nearly 24 hours trying to figure out what will be a sufficiently public venue for it and how to phrase it sufficiently. In this small venue, I do apologize.

8/04/2007 12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home