Thursday, July 12, 2007

So Popular!

Gosh! It seems the StandFirm crowd has remembered how much they love my blog. It wasn't enough for the blogmasters there to whip their devotees into an orgiastic frenzy over Elizabeth's blog. Since that frenzy is subsiding, they're whipping up the faithful against those of us on the progressive side who have declined to join in their "Burn the Witch" frenzy. (I'm profoundly honored to be included alongside such masters as FatherJake and MadPriest. But I recognize I am not worthy to gather up the crumbs from under their blogs . . .)

Now that the StandFirm Christians are visiting here so often, I'm receiving more garbage comments than I want to. Generally, I wouldn't mind this, as I'm usually able to stay online with great frequency and delete those few that cross the line. But in the next week, there are going to be long periods where I'm offline, so I have turned "comment moderation" back "on" for this period.

Rest assured, most of your comments will be published. But as you'll recall from past times, I've declared this blog is my living room. Folks can't come in here and say ugly things about me or my friends. Folks who need to say those things should do so on their own blogs. To the rest of you, I apologize for having to moderate comments. I'll get online as often as I can and approve all reasonable comments.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Being a new blogger and a rather naive Episcopalian, I find all this hatred shocking. It really saddens me. I thought I was leaving judgemental fundamentalism when I left this other denomination, and here I am. . . .Everyone should learn the prayer, "Bless-------------, change me."

7/12/2007 7:32 PM  
Blogger David said...

Jan,

I'm sorry to say you've encountered a very vocal, but thankfully rather small, minority of people in our church who are "Fundamentalists in Episcopal drag."

But rest assured, as Macbeth once said, their's is a tale "... full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

7/13/2007 3:26 PM  
Blogger Mystical Seeker said...

I think you've done a wonderful job of commenting on and responding to this witch hunt. I definitely think that you belong in the same company as FatherJake and MadPriest.

7/16/2007 10:32 PM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

Seeker, you are most kind. Thank you very much. Thank you especially when I and many others are receiving so little support.

In the interest of full disclosure, I should probably admit this on my main page: I have always had a problem with bullies. No matter what my friend had done, I just could not stand for a bully to jump on my friend. Bullies always have spineless lackies standing in the wings to support them.

It has ever been this. And it still is. And it still makes my protective instincts rise to protect the individual from the bully.

7/17/2007 12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home