Tuesday, June 05, 2007

How Gay?

In the "Car Update" posting below, I said in self-deprecation, "Sometimes I am 'such a girl'!" You know, there's a sense that lesbians are supposed to be rather more mechanically inclined than straight women. As luck would have it, I came upon the Gayometer in my blog-surfing this evening. So I took the test.

According to the Gayometer, I'm not nearly the true-purple lesbian I thought myself to be. Alas and alack.

Now, in my defense, let me hasten to say that I believe the "test" is severely flawed. For instance, you're graded "down" if you haven't been involved in a street fight, have 0-1 tattoos, don't know how to change your oil, or don't own leather trousers. This test is all about stereotypes.

I'll accept that I'm only 46% stereotypically gay. But I'll insist that on the Kinsey scale, I'm 98% gay. So keep your hands off me, you Exodus types!

Are any of you willing to take the test and reveal your results?

6 Comments:

Blogger sharecropper said...

Land sakes, woman, that quiz is skewed so badly. I only scored 40% gay, but, hey, I was married twice to men for a total of 25 years - so who knows what bad habits I picked up.

6/05/2007 7:36 PM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

LOL, ShareCropper! Yes, it's badly flawed. Thanks for making me laugh.

6/05/2007 7:48 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Ha! I'm 46% gay too! And I'm, well, not. At least I didn't think so ... :-)

6/05/2007 9:02 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

But it says you are happy and well adjusted and a "babe" --- pretty good.

6/05/2007 9:14 PM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

LOL, Ann. And indeed I am, on all counts! ... Except that I've never thought of myself as a "babe." But happy and well-adjusted? You betcha!

6/05/2007 9:20 PM  
Blogger David said...

I'm just 33%. The graphic said, "Too Straight". I imagine I'd have scored even lower, except for a few, typically non-male answers (e.g. I'd rather be a cat than a dog, I'd rather hire a professional for a home improvement project, etc... and incl a few others which would be in the TMI category ;)

6/12/2007 1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home