Monday, June 04, 2007

Car Update

Just in case you're wondering . . .

TBTG! The car situation is resolved. By late morning, the St. Louis mechanic had it fixed, and the total bill was only $60. I'm so embarrassed to admit what the problem was: corroded battery terminals. Why didn't I think to pay attention to that?? The hassle and expense it could have saved me! Sometimes I am "such a girl"! Alas . . . .

My boss let me leave work at 1:00, so that I was able to get the rental car back to St. Louis within the 24-hour time frame, thus saving myself an extra day's rental. Then I took the Metrolink (St. Louis' light rail) from the airport into the city, walked the remaining 1.25 miles to the mechanic's, arriving just before 5:00, swapped them $$ for car, and made the drive home.

I'm really impressed by the repair shop. When I called this morning to alert them there was a white car on their property and described the problem, I mentioned that I suspected it might be the starter. Almost as soon as the words were out of my mouth, I thought, "Dumb move! Talk about an open invitation to abuse! WTF was I thinking?" They could so easily have taken me to the cleaners, but they didn't. The rector who recommended them had said they were not only good, but honest too. She wasn't kidding!

So I'm home now . . . but kinda whooped. Five hundred miles of driving in these two days -- just like last weekend -- is just a bit much for this ol' gal.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that your car is fixed. :) Well, my car had some problems and I'm still waiting for my mechanic friend to fix it. I think my flex a lite fan and radiator needs a repair or worse a replacement. My car had been sitting for a week now and its kinda hard to commute going to office . I hope that my car be fixed this weekend.

6/04/2007 9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home