Monday, May 14, 2007

We're O.K.

I'm sorry to leave you with that cliffhanger, as it seemed the flooding was imminent. I am o.k. Things are pretty much where they were on Friday. The river rose a couple meters more on Saturday, but that's where it has remained. Levees breaking and being overtopped up-river have meant that the situation here has not gotten worse. But the waters aren't receding, either. We pray that there won't be more rains upstream.

At this point, the worst we're suffering is a few parking lots being flooded. No biggie! It looks like we have dodged a major bullet.

I'm very grateful for your good wishes.

I was mostly offline this weekend because a good friend is going through some miserable stuff, and that's where I needed to be. I'm sorry I wasn't better about posting updates here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Hope all is really okay and not too much cleanup keeping you from blogging.

5/25/2007 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home