Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Akinola Exclusive

If you follow this blog, you may note I have taken the satirical "exclusive Akinola interview" offline. I did this for a couple of reasons.

Partly for editorial reasons. I had not written it. I liked it, and the author doesn't have an online site, so I decided to post it on my site. But then a couple of my friends and regular readers told me in no uncertain terms that they do not visit my blog to read other people's writings. After nearly two days consideration, I realized they were correct. Many other websites are out there to publish other people's writings. Mine has not been one, and I don't want to make it that. (Besides, it was way longer than the stuff I usually publish.)

And partly because I came back to the determination I have articulated before: that I really want to keep my baptismal vows, no matter how much the "other side" ticks me off. Some friends observed gently -- and some foes observed angrily -- that the faux Akinola interview did not comport with my stated goal. They were right.

I'm grateful to both the friends and the foes who chided me for that posting. It's gone now.

As Elizabeth has taught me to say: Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima nissan stanza.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wormwood's Doxy said...

I agree with your goal of trying to live into your baptismal vows. But sometimes people just need to lighten up, you know?

For me, laughter diffuses the stronger, more negative emotions that I feel. OCICBW, but it seems (for me, at least) that it's better to laugh at +Akinola than to hate him.

Of course, it would be better for me not to think of him at all---at least with any kind of passion. Easier said than done, however...

5/10/2007 7:32 AM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

I agree, Doxy. For real fun, go over to The Episcopal Majority's site and take the Anglican-Episcopal Literacy Quiz.

Thanks for stopping in.

5/10/2007 7:36 AM  
Blogger Wormwood's Doxy said...

I found this quote on today's Daily Episcopalian:

Martin Luther, amongst his stranger writing, quips: "The best way to get rid of the Devil, if you cannot kill it with the words of Holy Scripture, is to rail at and mock him.”

So see---Martin Luther agrees with me!!! ;-)

Will take the quiz later today---for now, I really need to stop blog-hopping and earn some money!

5/10/2007 9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home