Saturday, July 29, 2006

Deputies’ Reactions to B033

The most best accounts – and most powerful reactions -- I read about our church’s passage of resolution B033 were

Telling Secrets
Father Jake Stops the World

And I appreciated this from What the Tide Brings In. She explains her vote against B033 in this way:

“I did not vote for it as I felt it was one of those things that offered others as the sacrifice - I am willing to sacrifice but could not come home saying - I was called to the cross but I pick you to go instead. I did not see Jesus asking anyone else to his work for him. (oh hey Peter or Mary - why don't you go to Golgotha today)."

If only more people had thought, and felt, and voted as she did!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jake said...

Thanks for the link, Lisa, although I'm not sure if folks will be able to easily find the particular post to which I think you are referring without some more help. I assume it is this one?

I'm trying to avoid "rant mode" right now. Not that a good rant doesn't have its place! It's just that I'm presently trying a few other techniques.

Nice place you've got here, btw :)

7/31/2006 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home