Saturday, July 29, 2006

Coming Back

Tomorrow, I will go back to my parish. I’ll return to my parish for the first time since the Episcopal Church’s General Convention in Columbus. When our Convention passed resolution B033 on the morning of Wednesday, June 21, it was like someone had knocked the breath right out of me ... or, as someone else put it, as if someone had knocked a hole in my heart. On that day, I knew I just could not continue life-as-usual. As I said to some friends, I had to take a “sabbatical” from The Episcopal Church. At that time, I did not know how long it would last or what would finally bring it to an end. The sabbatical has lasted five weeks.

In these first few posts, I’ll try to a quick catch-up on what’s been happening in the very recent past.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home