Friday, September 21, 2012

Has Paul Ryan Gone Delusional?


Many of us saw Paul Ryan’s address to the AARP today.  He’s running with Mitt Romney to become President and Vice-President of the United States. 

I was astonished by the video I saw of his speech.  You can see the clips here: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/video/paul-ryan-booed-aarp-convention-17291642

Pretty early in his remarks, he announced his and Romney’s plan to “repeal Obamacare.”  You can hear a thunderous chorus of “Booooooo” coming from the crowd.

Faced with thundering, full-throated opposition, what does Ryan say?  He says to the AARP crowd:  “I had a feeling there might be mixed reactions.”

“Mixed reactions”? Representative Ryan, there were no “mixed reactions” in that hall.  There was a thundering chorus of disapproval. 

On what planet is Ryan living?

Watch the video. It's painful. He keeps smiling and talking the Romney line, but it’s clear most of the crowd is against him and everything he’s saying.  I’ve done a lot of public speaking, and I can’t imagine keeping his Cheshire Cat grin against such obvious opposition.

2 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

You know you get a special demerit for committing bloggery...rack'em up!

9/21/2012 9:02 PM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

Thanks, my friend.
I am dismayed that I've neglected my blog so woefully. The blog, she could sue me for abandonment. :(

9/21/2012 9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home