Thursday, December 16, 2010

Stopping to Think

Events of the past few days have certainly caught me up short and have required me to reconsider some of the ways I’ve been thinking, talking, and writing. Those have been some pretty heavy thoughts with a great deal of reflection, soul-searching, and Old Testament-style “beating of the breast.” [If you're on Facebook, you may have a little more context about this.]

In the midst of all that, I was tickled today to come across this image from ICanHasCheezburger, one of my favorite sites for fun on the Web. I’m grateful for the comic relief, but also take seriously the need to not stop thinking … and (from my perspective) not stop listening to the Spirit.

I hope you’ll enjoy this as much as I did.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kirkepiscatoid said...

My friend, you say it yourself in your own blog masthead. "Gospel or not. Full stop."

We who have been clobbered by the Holy Spirit's 2x4 salute you!

12/17/2010 11:16 AM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

{{Maria}}
Thanks for that!

Yeah. "Clobbered by the Holy Spirit's 2x4." I like that!

12/17/2010 10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home