Monday, July 12, 2010

The Parish Calls

We've had a fairly intense few days in my wee parish, as one of our own has died too young ... too sadly .. after too much suffering. I haven't had time to write here, as local concerns are foremost. Of your mercy, say a prayer for Janice, who has now joined the saints in glory, and for her teenage son John who has lost his only parent.

While the Church of England sings the most recent verse in the Anglican Communion drama, I have been -- thank God! -- drawn back into my own parish life ... in which we live and move and have our being.

Sometimes, this is what we need ... to remember who we are and whose we are and to whom we belong. Right now, I belong to my parish.

8 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Centering on the local scene is a good antidote to the drama in AC -- so sorry for you loss.

7/12/2010 9:24 PM  
Blogger susan s. said...

Prayers for Janice and for John.

7/13/2010 12:04 AM  
Blogger JCF said...

Prayers ascending!

7/13/2010 1:46 AM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

Thanks to you all. And, Ann, you are right. While we are a national church, we live it out mostly in the parish. This is an important reminder for me.

Deep thanks for all your prayers -- not for me, but for Janice (R.I.P.) and her surviving teenage son.

Our parish is grieving deeply with them.

7/13/2010 2:03 AM  
Blogger James said...

Prayers for Janice and John from me and the TTLS family.

7/13/2010 3:52 AM  
Blogger June Butler said...

How sad. May Janice rest in peace and rise in glory.

May God give comfort, consolation and the peace that passes understanding especially to John and to all who love Janice.

My God give strength and compassion to those who care for John during this difficult time

7/13/2010 6:56 AM  
Blogger Kirkepiscatoid said...

My prayers for Janice and her family go out as well.

You hit the nail on the head, Lisa. As wound up as we can all get about the "other Anglicans," the truth is 95% of our parish life is in our home parish and the Diocese of Missouri. So there comes a time, now and then, we have to say, "Screw it. We've got plenty of God's work to do right here at Grace-Jeff City (or Trinity-Kirksville.)"

7/14/2010 12:09 AM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

Deep thanks to all of you. We had the burial mass today. The service was too much. Her 16-yr-old son's eulogy was too much.

Janice, who died, was the same age as I. That is sobering.

The parish came together marvelously.

I am deeply thankful for your prayers. Janice and her family can use them.

7/14/2010 9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home