Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Ramblings … and Drive-Thru Church

It won’t surprise many of you that I really hate the cold weather in this place where I now live. We’ve had suddenly cold, miserably wet weather for the past couple of weeks. The sun is rising too late and setting too early, and it's going to get even worse very soon. This time of year always makes me yearn to return to the South.

When I got to work today, one of my listservs told me of a job opening in south Florida. I’ll confess, I’m intrigued by it. It’s a university I know, and the position sounds intriguing.

Of course, I quickly did a search for the Episcopal parishes in the area. One of them talked forthrightly about our Episcopal liturgy and our welcome to seekers. It also had a link to this video. I am glad I belong to a mainstream, liturgical church, and not to a church that provides drive-through spirituality.



or watch it on YouTube.

In Marietta, Georgia, the Methodists actually do have a drive-in church. Watch it if you dare. I am horrified.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Hilarious- hope the PB sees it - after all the flack she has received about the heresy of individualism.

10/14/2009 6:00 AM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

Amen, Ann.

10/14/2009 9:56 PM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

Yep, Pseudo. I thank God I worship in a liturical church ... not a Golden Arches church.

10/16/2009 10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home