Friday, January 23, 2009

Self Portrait

Like many of you, I am a huge fan of ICanHasCheezburger. When I can't keep up with goings-on in the Episcopal/Anglican world, I still check that site daily.

Now ... you know I've been whining for the past five days about my fall and my battered head and face. This one just cracked me up.

Yeah well  Yu shudd see teh uddr guy
see more crazy cat pics

Here's the good news: Yesterday, my doc told me to quit using Neosporin, let the wounds dry, and begin applying the "juice" from vitamin E capsules twice a day. When I showed up at the office today, people were astonished. One said it looked like I had healed two weeks in just 24 hours. It's true. At the beginning of the week, people who saw me gasped and/or gagged. Today, they're simply asking, "What happened?" I am delighted with this progress.

I think I am still having some after-effects of the concussion. Occasional nausea and dizziness. Occasional lapses of concentration or losing my train of thought. And I continue to have a huge hurt in my skull. (But I'll take care of that soon, with codeine when I go to bed.)

But I am optimistic tonight ... and no longer looking like this battle-scarred kitteh. So ... I hope this is the last time for me to write about this stupid accident.

It's time to move on.

11 Comments:

Blogger ROBERTA said...

i'm with you lisa! i'm not really a cat person but i find these daily photos so clever! i send them on all the time....here is one of my favorites..

http://icanhascheezburger.com/2008/12/23/funny-pictures-thinks-youre-not-good-enough-for-her-precious/

1/23/2009 11:46 PM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

LOL, Roberta!

I am a devoted cat person. Have been from my earliest childhood. Some of my best friends are dog-people, but I really don't "get" them. But I try.

1/24/2009 12:08 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

great advice for your face! and glad you are healing - take care of your battered brain pan

1/24/2009 12:15 AM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

Yeah ... feeling a lot better. And fortunately I have a light weekend. Nothing to do today, then church and annual parish meeting tomorrow. So I can mostly just take it easy.

1/24/2009 11:43 AM  
Blogger Kirkepiscatoid said...

Good tip on the Vitamin E. I do that a lot myself on minor cuts/scrapes.

1/24/2009 12:30 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

I'm glad you're healing well Lisa!

I had a shingles outbreak about 8 years ago (I remember b/c I was also pregnant with DD2) and it was on the left side of my face. I walked around for a week with a red, angry face with weepy sores and my left eye half swollen shut - it was pretty unattractive. What annoyed me most was that people unabashedly stared at me. If I had the presence of mind at the moment, I would stick my tongue out at them. :-)

1/24/2009 2:13 PM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

Yes, Kirke, the vitamin E does seem to be working miraculously.

Hilary, it must've been awful to have that for two whole week! Yikes!

Here's a funny: Before I went back to work Wednesday, knowing everyone would be asking, "What the hell happened?!?!" I kept trying to think of a funny rejoinder that would be much simpler than the truth. It finally came to me yesterday afternoon. So at the cocktail party last night with some parish friends, when one finally asked, I responded: "Well, Marc [our host and my dear friend] told me to take a flying leap ... so I did." Much laughter.

1/24/2009 3:26 PM  
Blogger --Susan said...

I LOVE this ol' boy. He resonates with me...
--Susan

1/26/2009 12:26 PM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

How come, Susan?

1/26/2009 7:51 PM  
Blogger --Susan said...

He's so...
TUFF and sweet and battered and resolute. I just want to pick him up and love him to pieces--fully realizing I might lose my face in the process. But he looks like one of those street fighters who comes home for some good lovin'. I had a black cat like that when I was a child. He just looks like such a CAT. You know? I know you know. You're a CAT PERSON!
--Susan

1/27/2009 1:28 PM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

LOL! Yes, I do think I get it now, Susan.
God help me, I am a rescuer. I can't help it.

1/27/2009 7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home