Thursday, November 06, 2008

Laughing at Ourselves

I have several friends who did much, much more than I for the Obama campaign. (This means you, Adrienne!) I salute them. I didn't work as hard as they, but I certainly was obsessively addicted to election-related news reports. When I saw this video at The Onion [a.k.a. World's Best Source of Leftie Satire], it struck a chord. Made me laugh out loud.

Please tell me you haven't lost your sense of humor. Enjoy!



Obama Win Causes Obsessive Supporters To Realize How Empty Their Lives Are

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Humorous as promised.

Nice meeting you this evening. Perhaps our paths will cross again.

11/07/2008 11:06 PM  
Blogger Cany said...

nice to see this post again... and it is Onion funny.

as to the almost near-end statement about naming, interestingly, as I was parking the car today, I was at the end of a thread that talked about... yes middle naming kids with Obama. I like it actually. Maybe this kind of name will have less evil auto-attached in the future. the report said that after Kennedy that John, Jackie and jaqueline were popular names.

mmm.

11/08/2008 1:03 AM  
Blogger Göran Koch-Swahne said...

A sense of Humor ;=)

11/08/2008 2:55 AM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

Glad you enjoyed it, Strongheart. And, yes, I trust we'll get to visit again next time I'm at Trinity or Anne's.

Cany, I too am hearing about working "Barack" or "Obama" into their kids' names. You who read my blog may recall I took in a homeless black waif back in May. Here name then was "Mocha," which I changed to "Jamocha." I'll confess that if she were just now coming into my home, I'd be tempted to name this beautiful black kitty "Michelle."

It's delightful to return to a bit of humor, Goran.

Peace out--
Lisa

11/08/2008 11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home