Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Word from the Management

Ah ... I see by Ye Olde Sitemeter that StandFlabby has linked to one of my posts. No wonder the trolls have been out in force this evening! They have to keep the world safe for hate.

This is kinda like an e. coli infestation: This crap breaks out from time to time, but we have ways to deal with it.

I have a day job, so I can't spend all my time watching the blog. Therefore, it's time for me to put comments back into moderation, lest we be overwhelmed by wackadoos. [Dear StandFirmites: That's Brad Drell's term, so don't get your knickers in a wad over it.]

The good news is: Since I'm moderating comments, I've turned off the onerous word verification which we all hate.

Here's the house rule, folks: If I would let you say this to me face-to-face in my living room, your comment will be posted. If you spew the typical StandFlabby venom, then your comment will end up in the trash heap. So save your venom for elsewhere, ok? Virtue and SFiF have plenty of bandwidth for you people.

Yeah, the trolls will say I'm a censor and they'll accuse me of not being inclusive and they'll call me a chicken. Ya know what? I could not possibly care less what they think or say. The "listening process" is officially dead. Archbishop Daniel made that clear in his press conference yesterday.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the remarks of Akinola, Orombi, Iker, Duncan, and other such men cannot kill the listening process, then neither can Daniel. Refusing to post empty smears does not halt the listening process, so I wouldn't equate the two, but when it does come time to listen, I hope we can continue to look to rise above the aforementioned crowd's cotton ears rather than getting a few more pairs of our own.

7/24/2008 8:35 AM  
Blogger Caminante said...

"The "listening process" is officially dead."

For all the carping on the sacred Lambeth 1998 I.10, there never was any listening process to begin with.

7/24/2008 10:34 AM  
Blogger Merseymike said...

Oh, given that the Gauleiters of Stand Firm end up banning anyone who makes points which show them up for what they are, you can be forgiven for the odd lack of moderation!

It is clear and always has been, that they are not interested in any sort of listening. The Anglican Communion will split - its just a matter of when.

Personally, I do think that its about time that African homophobes stopped accepting financial and other assistance from those they hate so much. Let them plough their own furrow. letr the conservatives support them - which of course, they won;t , because their right wing politics won't allow it.

7/24/2008 11:59 AM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

Agreed, WaywardEpiscopalian. But you didn't see the **** that was coming into this site from StandFirm. You have no idea!

When there are people who actually want to talk and engage, I'll be quite ready to listen.

But that's not what was being posted here last night.

7/25/2008 2:08 AM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

Amen, Caminante. I'm finally getting the picture.

7/25/2008 2:09 AM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

Hey, Merseymike, glad to have you stopping in here. I agree with what you said about listening. But I disagree about financial support. My diocese has put a lot of money into Sudan, but -- more importantly -- we've spent a lot of heart on building relationships with the people there. As somebody wiser than I said, We must not and will not use money as a weapon. The question for me regarding Sudan is: Do they even want a relationship anymore?

7/25/2008 2:16 AM  
Blogger Malcolm+ said...

You might consider allowing the filth from Stand in the Mud through.

Frankly, the vitriol they post is more damaging to themselves than to anyone else.

7/25/2008 6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The "listening process" is officially dead.

Yep. Those who were going to listen already listened. Those who weren't, never will.

For me, I'm finished listening to bigoted bishops and their flacid little minions. I'm going on with the Kingdom of God. The rest of you should either catch up or wave by-by.

7/27/2008 11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home