Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Fisking Archbishop Daniel: Sudanese Deaths

The ever-hysterical George Conger reports that "The American Church’s experiments with gay blessings and bishops had led to the deaths of Sudanese Christians." Several other right-wing sources have picked up on that meme. I don't know who picked up on that bit of propaganda, but Hysterical George is not alone.

Want to hear the truth?

In the first place, in his interview today at Lambeth, Archbishop Daniel claims there are no gay/lesbian persons in the whole country of Sudan. Then he backed off that statement and declared he has not heard of any gay/lesbian persons.

Gosh! Ya think???

I'm sure that I'd be ready to jump up and say "I'm gay!" if I were in Sudan. NOT!

In the few years that my diocese has been in "covenant" with a Sudanese diocese, we have never heard of a death caused by the Anglican Communion's stance (or lack of a stance) on gay relationships.

Archbishop Daniel is blowing smoke out of his ass. He is a liar and a scapegoater.

Let me tell you what has cost the lives of people in the Diocese of Lui within Sudan. It was civil war for the past 50 years. The Sudanese from the north (most of whom were Muslin) tried to wipe out the Africans in the south. After the Comprehensive Peace Agreement was signed, the bloodshed has been among warring tribes in the South. Dinka tribes have swooped in and murdered Moru people in the Diocese of Lui. They came with their knives and murdered people in their homes. They burned the Moru schools. They burned villages. They burned individual homes. They murdered hundreds of people. They beheaded adults in front of their children. I heard the stories. I saw the burned-out remains. They were and are horrific. It was hideous and horrendous, and I saw the evidence when I was in southern Sudan. I saw the burned-out homes and villages. I held the orphans.

And guess what? None of those murdering, rampaging idiots were wearing pink triangles and claiming to be part of the Queer Nation.

Who has caused death and destruction in Sudan? Other tribes within Sudan.

They are murdering each other over tribal relationships, and not a bit of it has to do with queers or the Anglican Communion or one gay bishop. For the Archbishop of Sudan to try to lay this crap at the feet of Gene Robinson or The Episcopal Church is the smarmiest, most cowardly, lying thing I have heard in a very long time.

When he was here with us in Missouri, Archbishop Daniel claimed that one of his highest priorities was bringing peace among the tribes of Sudan who have decimated each other. Face-to-face with us, he acknowledged that tribal rivalries and warfare was one of his greatest concerns.

But now, given a global microphone, he is trying to pretend it is all because of the queers. What a lying ideologue!

Who bought him off?

Yeah, let's blame it on the queers – not on the tribes of Sudan who are murdering each other for no good reason.

I am sick and tired of being the scapegoat!

Q: Who's murdering the Sudanese?

A: Other Sudanese!

And it has absolutely nothing to do with The Episcopal Church or the bishop of New Hampshire. Shame on Archbishop Daniel for trying to grab his 15 minutes of fame with this clap-trap!

3 Comments:

Blogger Leonard said...

Shame on Archbishop Daniel

Make that a double, this guy is playing it anyway he can get it...frankly, he's prancing as fast as he can...kinda like Judas staring in the Kiss of The Spider Woman?

7/22/2008 11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who bought him off? My guess is the IRD.

7/23/2008 10:05 AM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

Scott, I don't believe that for a minute.

I see now that my "Who bought him off?" sounds like I'm talking about money. But I don't believe that. I do believe he's under tremendous pressure from some people, but I really don't think it's about money.

Apologies for my sloppy comment.

7/23/2008 10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home