Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Anglican Women's Voices

The Church Publishing Group has a fine new book in the works—a “daughter volume” to Women’s Uncommon Prayers called Lifting Women’s Voices. It will collect prayers from women all over the Anglican Communion, and debut at the General Convention next summer. The senior editors are Margaret Rose, Jenny Te Paa, Abagail Nelson, and Jeanne Person; among those serving on the editorial advisory board are Jane Williams (wife of the Archbishop of Canterbury) and Phoebe Griswold (wife of our former Presiding Bishop). [I'm already kicking myself in the butt. I should not have to identify Jane Williams and Phoebe Griswold by their connections with their husbands ... but I suspect I must. And I apologize.]

The editors are looking for prayer submissions from Anglican women everywhere, and would appreciate any and all help in getting the word out!

So consider making a submission. You can find more information on the Church Publishing homepage, then look for the link to Lifting Women’s Voices. Or go directly to it.

Come on, my sisters! Send in your submissions! I hope many of you will make submissions.

4 Comments:

Blogger ROBERTA said...

thanks for the heads up! i treasure my copy of Women's Uncommon Prayers - i will definitely submit something to this one!

7/09/2008 12:40 AM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

I hope you will, Roberta.

7/09/2008 12:49 AM  
Blogger Josephine- said...

Thank you Lisa!

7/09/2008 6:21 AM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

Tandaina, I hope you will submit a prayer!

7/09/2008 11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home