Friday, April 27, 2007

R.I.P., "Daily Episcopalian"

I knew that Jim Naughton was working with some folks to establish the Episcopal Café site. It's now been launched. He has some marvelous writers and news-watchers working with him over there. From what I've seen in this week since the Diocese of Washington launched that site, they're posting some thoughtful pieces.

But I can't help grieving the death of Jim's Daily Episcopalian site. Somehow … the new site just doesn't have the journalistic edge that Jim maintained. I had grown to count on him to be the "Woodward and Bernstein of TEC." That's gone now, and I'm not sure where to go for a replacement.

Any suggestions? Where's a real journalist who's tracking Episcopal Church developments? [Addition 04/28/07: We do have a great one at EpiScope, but there's not so much commentary there. ]

2 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Hope you will hang in with The Lead (the news column) on Episcopal Cafe while we get going and find our voice.

4/28/2007 7:29 AM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

Most assuredly I will, Ann. I'm a daily visitor there. Remember, I said y'all are "marvelous writers and news-watchers." What I'm missing is Jim's combination of reporting and analysis or commentary. I'm not so much criticizing the Café as missing the Daily Episcopalian.

4/28/2007 8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home