Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Free to Good Home

a.k.a. The Hardest Thing

I think all the regular readers here know that I've been very much involved with The Episcopal Majority and that the group is having its first meeting Friday in Washington, DC. I had planned to be there.

A few weeks ago, something came up at work that made it clear I would not be allowed to attend that meeting. I kept hoping things at work would change so that I could be at the meeting. And, of course, I've been in touch with the leaders of The Episcopal Majority, keeping them informed of my situation. Today it was finalized: I cannot go. My boss won't give me the time off. This is the hardest thing. I can't talk much about it now.

I already have hotel reservations at the Omni Shoreham Hotel – where most of the participants will be staying. Now I must cancel those reservations. But before I do, I want to see if any of you need that hotel room. I have reservations for Friday and Saturday nights. The rate is something like $145/night plus 14.5% sales tax. It's a room with two queen beds. I can transfer my reservation to someone else who needs lodging. If you need a hotel room, and want this one, post a comment here; I will get back to you quickly and transfer my reservation to your name. I'll need to transfer or cancel the reservation by Thursday night.

As to the rest of it – how devastated I am to miss this important meeting – I cannot talk about that now.

Update Nov. 2: The hotel reservation has been cancelled. Apparently all you good folks already had lodging arrangements, and for that I am grateful. Enjoy your time in DC, and -- most importantly -- I wish you a marvelous time at the "Remaining Faithful" meeting of The Episcopal Majority.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

very sad - we will miss you.

10/31/2006 8:54 PM  
Blogger Suzer said...

Lisa, I'm so sorry you won't be able to go. :(

11/02/2006 11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa, I am thinking of you on this special day and wishing you were there.God's blessings upon the work you have helped create and the joy you have brought and will bring to others. You are in my love and prayers.

11/04/2006 9:28 AM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

Thanks, my friends. It was difficult not to be there. But I am buoyed by your prayers and good wishes.

And the work goes on . . .

11/04/2006 11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home