Saturday, September 30, 2006

Alleluia!

Please join me in sending good wishes this day to Elizabeth Kaeton! October 1 is the 20th anniversary of her priesting, according to Church Publishing. Never mind that Elizabeth claims October 18 as her priesting day! See her post here for her reflections upon that day. And join me in singing this festive song.

October 1 or October 18, I don't much care. I just give thanks to God that God called her to the ordained ministry, and that Elizabeth had ears to hear that call!

Send your good wishes to her e-address EMKaeton@aol.com or via her blog.

2 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth Kaeton said...

Lisa,

You silly, silly woman! But I do love the music.

Thank you. It is a joy and a privilege EVERY time I preside at Eucharist, or am invited into the brokeness of someone's life, or bless a newborn soul in the hospital and then baptize them in church, or keep vigil with a family while they wait for Brother Death to come to a loved one.

I've been at this long enough now that I've presided at the marriage and baptized the babies of kids I've prepared for Confirmation.

And, I've baptized those babies in the same sacred space from which I commended the souls of their grandmother to God.

I'm deeply grateful to God for this impossible vocation.

Thank you for rejoicing with me.

10/01/2006 8:01 PM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

Elizabeth+: AM NOT! Am grateful, not silly. There's a difference. VBG

10/02/2006 8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home