Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Unexpected Visitors

Sally Fields exclaimed something along the lines of, "You like me! You really like me!!" when she accepted that Oscar statue.

When I started this humble little blog, it had something like 30 hits per day. I was quite happy with that. All I wanted was a quiet, peaceful little blog I could share with a few friends.

But Tuesday, I started noticing the hits to this little corner of the blogosphere were going through the virtual roof (compared to my expectations, at least). And I found that one of the so-called "reasserters" in our church alerted his sycophants to one of my posts here, and provided a link to my modest little blog. Lo and behold, I had over 200 hits today alone.

I'd feel really good about that . . . except at this point, well over 80% of the visitors to this little blog are coming from his devotees. And I've seen how they behave. Very much like harpies.

I'd like to think, "Gosh! They really like me!" But I know better.

I'm doing my best to clean out the more hateful WingNuts' comments from the blog, so as to keep this a civil place. If any of you notice comments that are over the top, please e-mail me. Those of you who are at home here probably already have my e-address.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jake said...

We like you! We really like you!

Nill illigitimi carborundum.

8/02/2006 6:40 AM  
Blogger Toewalker said...

Yes, Lisa, we really DO like you!

8/03/2006 1:04 PM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

Quit it, you guys and gals!

OK, I was probably stupid to put the Sally Field quote so prominent here.

I wasn't fishing for "Yes, we really like you!" comments.

But, of course, I'm grateful for them.

Mostly, I was decrying the fact that attack-dogs were circling. Tonight they did it with a vengeance, so that I've had to shut down the comment feature.

I don't know how the bloggers I love -- like http://fatherjakestopstheworld.blogspot.com -- manage to blog while also keeping a full-time job! Whew!

Jake, will you tell us/me what "Nill illigitimi carborundum" means? No doubt -- if you said it, I'll love it!

8/04/2006 12:08 AM  
Blogger Toewalker said...

Lisa: Jake's quote roughly translates to "don't let the bastards rub you the wrong way" :-)

8/04/2006 3:29 AM  
Blogger Marty said...

Hmmm, i wonder if this comment would pass moderation if i called all of your your readers "sycophants".

8/04/2006 7:33 PM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

Thank you, flutegirl. I hope you'll come back. And I wish I had more folks visiting from Louie's site, and fewer from the right-wing side. Ah, well ... it'll all even-out, I suppose.

8/04/2006 11:52 PM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

Marge, I wish I could figure out a way to tattoo this onto the blogpage and onto my own forehead:

My bottom line comment to those who spew viscious barbs is this, "How exactly does your comment reflect the love, the compassion, the empathy of GOD?????"

You should go walking around the blogosphere with that question on a gigantic posterboard, Marge!

8/04/2006 11:57 PM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

ToeWalker & flutegirl --

And I thought I had a classical education!!!

Thanks for the translation, friends!

L'ing OL --
Lisa

8/04/2006 11:59 PM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

Jake, I'm honored! [does knee-scraping bow!]

For you are the King of TEC Bloggers!

Sycophantically yours --
Lisa

8/05/2006 12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home