Monday, August 07, 2006

It’s Miserably Hot & Dry Here!

I don’t know when we last had measurable rain. And I don’t know when we dropped below 90 degrees as our daytime high. As I drive around town, every lawn is looking brown and dead. Flowers, shrubs, and even trees are drooping. From my house, I can see some huge, very old trees that are starting to turn brown and drop leaves on their way to dying.

All of which made this note from our diocesan bulletin relevant:
“Come inside and escape the fires of hell – and the heat of a Missouri summer.”
Hat tip to the Diocesan bulletin, for spotting this sign on a church in north St. Louis.

2 Comments:

Blogger Toewalker said...

Finally, we got some rain today here. Did y'all get any there, Lisa?

8/10/2006 3:57 PM  
Blogger Lisa Fox said...

No, not so's one could measure. :( Things are still dying out here.

8/10/2006 8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home