Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Breaking News from ECR

According to Susan Russell’s “An Inch at a Time” blog, the Standing Committee of El Camino Real has issued a revision. She says:

. . . it is being reported that the Diocese of El Camino Real has changed the charge to its Nominating Committee from:

"At this time in our history and in view of General Convention Resolution B033, the Search Committee shall not nominate any homosexual person as a candidate for bishop of the Diocese of El Camino Real."

to

"The Search Committee shall be mindful of General Convention Resolution B033."
Wouldn’t I have liked to be a fly on the wall in those conversations?

But, without further ado: Thank you, ECR! This must have required real courage!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lindy said...

I don't know... I think they said exactly the same thing they just didn't use actual words. I liked the first version. It was clear.
Linda McMillan
Austin, Texas

8/16/2006 9:03 AM  
Blogger Jarred said...

I'm inclined to agree with Linda. If the revision is just to make it less obvious that they're really interpreting B033 to just exclude gay people from the process, then I find the original statement much more honest. Despicable, but honest. But to me, that's better than despicable and less than honest.

8/17/2006 8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home