Note: For some reason, Blogger isn't letting me upload photos ... so you are stuck with my unrelenting prose. Deep apologies.
I have been watching these wacky town hall meetings and the “tea-baggers” get-togethers and all the other gatherings of angry right wing whack jobs.
They all seem to be speaking out against government programs. They seem to think that only Folks Lower Than Them benefit from those government programs. It is not lost on me that many of these folks are what we called Poor White Trash. (And my family was in that category.) And it is not lost on me that many of those white-trash protestors are racist pigs who are taking their pot-shots against our first black President.
Whitewash it how you wish. …. And, yes, I use that term advisedly. … I believe President Carter was correct when he said that a significant portion of these protests are coming from out-and-out racism. I am sick unto death of it.
Well … I have this to say to them. For a long time, people have claimed that our nation was founded on Christian values. As I understand them, true Christian values consist of taking care of the poor, the uneducated, the widow, the immigrant, the outsider. If these right-wingers want to show their Christian values and their American patriotism, I suggest they return to the Gospels.
Most of those wing-nuts are already drinking from the trough of the government programs that they call socialism. Now they want to bar others from the benefits they enjoy.
Here it is, wing-nuts. Sign on the dotted line for your anti-socialism pledge. (And I thank my friend Tom Woodward for sending this along!)
SOCIALIST-FREE PURITY PLEDGE
I, ________________________, do solemnly swear to uphold the principles of a socialism-free society and heretofore pledge my word that I shall strictly adhere to the following:
I will complain about the destruction of 1st Amendment Rights in this country, while I am duly being allowed to exercise my 1st Amendment Rights.
I will complain about the destruction of my 2nd Amendment Rights in this country, while I am duly being allowed to exercise my 2nd Amendment rights by legally but brazenly brandishing unconcealed firearms in public.
I will foreswear the time-honored principles of fairness, decency, and respect by screaming unintelligible platitudes regarding tyranny, Nazi-ism, and socialism at public town halls.
I pledge to eliminate all government intervention in my life. I will abstain from the use of and participation in any socialist goods and services including but not limited to the following:
- Social Security
- State Children’s Health Insurance Programs (SCHIP)
- Police, Fire, and Emergency Services
- US Postal Service
- roads and highways
- air travel (regulated by the socialist FAA)
- the US Railway System
- public subways and metro systems
- public bus and lightrail systems
- rest areas on highways
- all government-funded local/state projects (e.g., see Iowa 2009 federal senate appropriations)
- public water and sewer services (goodbye socialist toilet, shower, dishwasher, kitchen sink, outdoor hose!)
- public and state universities and colleges
- public primary and secondary schools
- Sesame Street
- publicly funded anti-drug use education for children
- public museums
- public parks and beaches
- state and national parks
- public zoos
- unemployment insurance
- municipal garbage and recycling services
- treatment at any hospital or clinic that ever received funding from local, state or federal government (pretty much all of them)
- medical services and medications that were created or derived from any government grant or research funding (again, pretty much all of them)
- socialist byproducts of government investment such as duct tape and velcro (Nazi-NASA inventions)
- use of the Internet, email, and networked computers, as the DoD's ARPANET was the basis for subsequent computer networking
- foodstuffs, meats, produce and crops that were grown with, fed with, raised with or that contain inputs from crops grown with government subsidies
- clothing made from crops (e.g., cotton) that were grown with or that contain inputs from government subsidies
If a veteran of the government-run socialist US military, I will forego my VA benefits and insist on paying for my own medical care.
I will not tour socialist government buildings like the Capitol in Washington, D.C.
I pledge never to take myself, my family, or my children on a tour of the following types of socialist locations, including but not limited to:
- Smithsonian Museums such as the Air and Space Museum or Museum of American History
- the socialist Washington, Lincoln, and Jefferson Monuments
- the government-operated Statue of Liberty
- the Grand Canyon
- the socialist World War II and Vietnam Veterans Memorials
- the government-run socialist-propaganda location known as Arlington National Cemetery
- all other public-funded socialist sites, whether it be in my state or in Washington, DC
I will urge my Member of Congress and Senators to forego their government salary and government-provided healthcare.
I will oppose and condemn the government-funded and therefore socialist military of the United States of America.
I will boycott the products of socialist defense contractors such as GE, Lockheed-Martin, Boeing, Northrop Grumman, General Dynamics, Raytheon, Humana, FedEx, General Motors, Honeywell, and hundreds of others that are paid by our socialist government to produce goods for our socialist army.
I will protest socialist security departments such as the Pentagon, FBI, CIA, Department of Homeland Security, TSA, Department of Justice and their socialist employees.
Upon reaching eligible retirement age, I will tear up my socialist Social Security checks.
Upon reaching age 65, I will forego Medicare and pay for my own private health insurance until I die.
SWORN ON A BIBLE AND SIGNED THIS DAY OF __________ IN THE YEAR ___.
Signed Printed Name/Town and State